Copywriting Foundations using Formulas
The 4 C’s Copywriting Formula is a checklist you can use to edit any piece of copy and make sure it covers all the markers of great copy. But did you know there’s a 5th “C” you should be paying attention to?
This is especially important in this day and age when you’re trying NOT to be like the pushy, unethical, bad-for-business bro marketers.
In the second episode of my podcast series all about copywriting, we learn from Kim Kiel, a direct response strategist and founder of the boutique copywriting agency Kim Kiel Copy.
With 15+ years of writing multi-6-figure campaigns for small businesses and nonprofits, Kim helps brainy brands and experts share their gifts and positive impact with the world. She has a knack for instantly capturing a client’s voice and writing elegantly persuasive copy.
Today, Kim covers the 5 C’s of copywriting, to help you step up your game and confidence when it comes to writing conversion copy.
Pay attention and pick up Kim’s tips on:
- How digital marketing assistants can set their clients up to work with copywriters
- Transitioning out of a 9-5 career into a contractor
- Using copywriting formulas to banish the blinking cursor
- Resources Kim used to learn copywriting
- Her #1 tip for writing copy for your own business
After listening to this episode, you’ll be inspired how Kim started her freelance copywriting business, made her previous annual salary her new monthly income, and empowers YOU to take action being a copywriter.
The Virtual Writer with Michelle Hunter — an 8-week high-touch, intensive writing experience for virtual assistants to learn how to deliver highly-valued copywriting services and position themselves as a writing assistant and copywriter. Runs April 3- June 19, join the waitlist here.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Grab your seat at The Digital Marketer’s Roundtable: Launch Manager Edition — we’ll have a live panel discussion of marketing experts to talk about the client work that goes into launches. It’s $97 and happens Tuesday, March 14 at 12pm est.
- The Story Stripdown with Marisa Corcoran, Episode #145
- The Codex Persona
- Book: The Copywriter’s Handbook by Rober W Bly* affiliate link
- Book: Words that ell by Richard Bayan* affiliate link
- Cloning Brand Voices with Field Marketer Justin Blackman, Episode #36