Start a Freelance Copywriting Business
If you’re holding on to all the copywriting questions: What to charge? Where to find clients? How to get started? What to focus on first? What niche to pick? And you’re wondering how to get started with copywriting services, then this podcast episode you need to listen to.
Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or full-time income replacer, today’s advice covers it all.
Copywriting is a lucrative in-demand service, even with the introduction of AI writing tools. That’s because strong copy sets brands apart.
And yet finding skilled copywriters is a challenge for most business owners. It’s not an oversaturated job market at all, so if you’re thinking about leaning into your writing talent, this is the equivalent of the California gold rush for you. Let’s dive into how to build a copywriting business.
Today I’m chatting with copywriter Amy Leisner about how to build a successful copywriting business and what she’s learned since growing her six-figure copywriting agency.
Amy is a copywriter and online marketing strategist for A18 Media – a copywriting agency that specialized in sales and social media copy for spiritual coaches.
She’s also a valued member of my Digital Marketer’s Workgroup – a referral community and membership for freelance marketers who are *so* ready to have schedule freedom and get paid well for work they love.
Listen in so you learn Amy’s tips on:
- Pricing & where to find industry rates
- Client Acquisition
- Positioning away from an employee
- Gaining copy confidence
- When to specialize
- Who would make a successful copywriter
Amy’s business is solid gold.
(Quite honestly, her advice applies to anyone starting a digital service or virtual assistant business.)
I hope this episode inspires you to jump in, proclaim the job title of copywriter and start getting paid to write.
The Virtual Writer with Michelle Hunter — an 8-week high-touch, intensive writing experience for virtual assistants to learn how to deliver highly-valued copywriting services and position themselves as a writing assistant and copywriter. Runs April 3- June 19, join the waitlist here.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Grab your seat at The Digital Marketer’s Roundtable: Launch Manager Edition — we’ll have a live panel discussion of marketing experts to talk about the client work that goes into launches. It’s $97 and happens Tuesday, March 14 at 12pm est.
- Apply here for the Digital Marketer’s Workgroup, enrollment opens March 19
- Book Recommendation: The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer* this is an Amazon affiliate link
- Copywriting Pricing Guides in the 2023 State of the Industry
- The Copywriter Club Podcast
Tune in to more Copywriting Series Episodes on Unicorns Unite:
- How to Build Copywriting Confidence with Michelle Hunter #150
- Email Marketing Without Coercion with Tarzan Kay #149
- How to Add Your Personality to Your Copy with Laura Belgray #148
- The 5 C’s of Copywriting with Kim Kiel #146
- The Story Stripdown with Marisa Corcoran #145