Building Your Confidence as a Copywriter
Is your end goal to be an expert and NOT a worker bee?
Then listen up. You have to be able to talk about your services in a way that attracts clients. And that’s the backbone of copywriting, and exactly why you need to invest time and energy into learning the marketing conversation.
It’s not about blowing your own horn. It’s about making your value clear and understood. And then standing in that value so that people want to pay you top dollar to do what you’re really good at.
Our guest today — Michelle Hunter — will teach you how to articulate this value in writing.
Michelle is a copywriter and content marketing strategist. For years she owned a successful six-figure creative agency with a virtual team where she helped clients refine their messaging, and write website and email copy. In this episode, she humbly brags about her $300/hr bill rate and 10k copywriting projects so that you can see the possibilities for yourself. But you won’t find her on social, because she recently took a cush corporate job as a Communications Director.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- The copywriting methodology that convinces people to do what you want (use these powers for good now!)
- How to communicate talk about your price & what to say if they think you’re too expensive
- Two keys to writing that you’ll have to conquer
- How to be confident that your copy converts
I know you’ll relish her honesty, and after listening, my hope is you’ll see this opportunity to better market your (and your clients’) services and run with it.
The Virtual Writer with Michelle Hunter — an 8-week high-touch, intensive writing experience for virtual assistants to learn how to deliver highly-valued copywriting services and position themselves as a writing assistant and copywriter. Runs April 3-June 19, join the waitlist here.
- Sign up for Michelle’s Copy that Converts Clinic – Live March 30 at 12 pm
- The Virtual Writer, save your seat now, class starts April 3 – only 20 spots available
Tune in to these other Copywriting Series Episodes on Unicorns Unite:
- Email Marketing Without Coercion with Tarzan Kay #149
- How to Add Your Personality to Your Copy with Laura Belgray #148
- How to Build a Freelance Copywriting Business with Amy Leisner #147
- The 5 C’s of Copywriting with Kim Kiel #146
- The Story Stripdown with Marisa Corcoran #145
Emily’s List of Recommended Copywriting Books
Click here to see my list of recommended Copywriting Books for Digital Marketing Assistants to skill up, provide better services and charge more.