Add Your Personality to Your Copy
Laura “effing” Belgray is known for writing the only emails you’ll ever read.
In a noisy digital age where open rates are dropping, lists are shrinking, and email inboxes are flooded and abandoned, Laura’s emails get the Holy Grail of opens and clicks.
How does she do it? By adding personality.
Today, she’ll break down how to add personality to your copy (and your clients’) so that your subscribers, followers, and fans actually want to read your stuff. And buy too.
Her writing tricks will help you stand out in the crowded marketplace of digital service providers and actually get your clients results. (And if your clients have success, you have success! Cha-ching!)
Laura, founder of Talking Shrimp and co-creator of The Copy Cure, is a copywriting expert who helps entrepreneurs find the *perfect* words to express and sell what they do in a way that gets them paid to be themselves. Through her work with hundreds of clients (including online biggies like Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield), she’s seen firsthand that putting “you” into your copy and all through your business is pure magic for getting people to love you up, share your ideas, and happily click your buy button.
In addition to online types, Laura’s list of clients and credits include NBC, Bravo, HBO, TBS, Fandango, and many, many more. So if you watch TV — and don’t skip the commercials — you’ve probably seen her words on air.
Listen and learn as Laura shares:
- How to write emails that actually get opened
- Her method of recycling previous popular emails
- Why Active Campaign is on her hitlist (kidding, not kidding)
- The most important email to have in every launch
- 5 tips for writing subject lines that get the open
- Her strategies behind writing preview text
- The story behind her disclaimer text
And most importantly, Laura gives solid advice for jumping into the copywriter role when you’re new and organizational hacks to operating behind the scenes as a digital marketing assistant for a “nightmare” client like Laura.
Make sure you pre-order her new book “Tough Titties,” which comes out June 13. She calls it the “late bloomer’s coming of age” and her husband calls it “Loser Sex in the City”.
Emily’s List of Recommended Copywriting Books
Click here to see my list of recommended Copywriting Books for Digital Marketing Assistants to skill up, provide better services and charge more.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Get on the waitlist to be notified of the next Digital Marketer’s Roundtable: for marketing specialists, assistants, OBMs, and freelancers. We’ll have a live panel discussion of marketing experts who actually do the work.
Connect with Laura Belgray:
- Instagram: @laurabelgray
- Facebook: @talkingshrimp
- Website: talkingshrimp.com
- Download her Story Goldmine
- Download her 33 Non-Sucky Subject Lines
- Pre-Order Her Book “Tough Titties”
- Inbox Hero: Email Copywriting Course
- Join the waitlist: The Copy Cure
- Laura’s Welcome Sequence Workshop: coming soon
Tune in to more Copywriting Series Episodes on Unicorns Unite:
- How to Build Copywriting Confidence with Michelle Hunter #150
- Email Marketing Without Coercion with Tarzan Kay #149
- How to Build a Freelance Copywriting Business with Amy Leisner #147
- The 5 C’s of Copywriting with Kim Kiel #146
- The Story Stripdown with Marisa Corcoran #145
How to Become a Virtual Assistant
Infosession with Emily Reagan
LIVE 12pm est Wednesday, Sept. 20
for stay-at-home moms, military spouses, teachers and career-changers
( no pitch, just the goods on what you need to know to stop forever researching and don’t waste your money on a basic b set up course.)