Working with 3 Types of Clients
Have you just felt the energy sizzlin’ and making progress with one client while another feels like it’s slowing you down? In today’s solo episode, I share some real talk about the three types of clients you’ll see during your work as a freelance digital service provider.
Before we dive in, let me clarify that I’m not talking about clients from different industries– I’m referring to clients at different stages of their business. As freelancers, it’s important to align ourselves with clients who have an investment mindset and are focused on long-term growth.
You don’t want to get caught in situations where a client is stuck, isn’t moving forward, or they don’t have the capacity for the work you’re proposing. You need to know when it’s time to move on and when you’re not too big to do the work.
Tune in and learn about:
- how to find and attract high-end clients
- building a good reputation and having solid marketing materials
- setting boundaries and being aware of red flags that may indicate that a client is not a good fit
Ultimately, it’s so important to find clients who match your energy and vision, and who are willing to work with you to achieve long-term success.
UDMA Self-Study Course– Become a unicorn. Learn profitable, in-demand, digital marketing mechanics and tech tactics inside the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School. Sign up for the UDMA Self-Study and start learning now!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Unicorns Unite podcast episode #142: Launch E-mail Strategy with Brittany McBean
- Where Do I Find Digital Marketing Clients? #7
- Real Talk on Freelancing: Clients with Unrealistic Expectations #153
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Quit a Client? #52
Emily’s List of Recommended Copywriting Books
Click here to see my list of recommended Copywriting Books for Digital Marketing Assistants to skill up, provide better services and charge more.