What’s the difference between marketing & sales?
Marketing is often lumped together with sales and promotion. However, marketing is a distinct field that requires its own set of strategies and tactics to be successful.
Marketing is NOT sales and marketing is NOT just promotion. In this solo episode, we’ll dive into the strategies behind marketing and sales so you can understand the difference and know how they should work together.
This will make you a better digital marketer.
Listen in and learn about:
- why customers no longer rely on a salesperson like they used to
- how the modern marketing conversation is intertwined with sales
I know this episode will help you understand the value of your services, step up into marketing roles without needing a four-year degree, and manage conversion and sales expectations of your clients.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Article: What is a Social Seller VA?
- Apply for the Digital Marketer’s Workgroup — a referral community for freelance marketers and assistants. You’ll get the latest updates and trainings, networking opportunities, and access to higher-paying job opps plus the support of other ambitious digital marketers.
- Facebook Ads for Launches with Jenn Possick #143
- Ads & Funnel Strategy for SMM with Ashleigh Chanél #120
- Discovery Calls for Virtual Assistants with Tracie Patterson #136
- Non-salesy Strategies for Social Selling and Discovery Calls #119
- How a Marketing Assistant Doubled Her Rates #126
Emily’s List of Recommended Copywriting Books
Click here to see my list of recommended Copywriting Books for Digital Marketing Assistants to skill up, provide better services and charge more.