Content Marketing Series #2
Using Customer Insights as Marketing Starting Point
Collecting customer insights for a client can be really hard. And it’s freakin time-consuming. I see so many people in large Facebook groups who ask market research questions and then no one answers them.
Guess what– there’s a better way.
In this next episode of the Content Marketing series, Melissa Harstine is sharing the key to gathering customer insights the right way. Her tips are going to unlock everything for building a great content strategy: how you talk to people, how you engage them, how you cold pitch them, and how to create content that converts.
Melissa, a customer insights strategist, helps 6- and 7-figure course creators close the gap between what they want to say and what their audience actually needs to hear before they’re ready to buy. The result? Ideal clients convert faster, and the course or program continues to grow.
Tune in and learn as Melissa shares:
- how to get customers to say yes to an interview
- her process of scheduling and conducting interviews
- the juiciest question to ask
- looking for common trends and rhythms among your audience and pulling out themes
- what kind of content you need to put out during “nurture season”
Most importantly, she shares how to avoid making content that sounds robotic. Doing these interviews can get fresh, standout ways of explaining a concept or unique stories that make your audience relate and decide to buy.
Be sure to grab Melissa’s freebie “How to Get Them on the Call” Make the request in a compelling way so customers agree to chat with you. She’s made it easy for you- swipe her done-for-you email template so that you can get a “heck yes!” instead of crickets.
Sponsored by UDMA Self-Study Course– Become a unicorn. Learn profitable, in-demand, digital marketing mechanics and tech tactics inside the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School. Sign up for the UDMA Self-Study and start learning now!
Connect with Melissa Harstine
- Instagram: @melissaharstinecreative
- Website: https://melissaharstine.com/
- Sign up for Melissa’s Podcast Summit happening in August: “Your Next Launch is Only As Good as Your Last Debrief.” She’ll be dropping two private podcasts and hosting a private Voxer access channel.
The Digital Marketer’s Workgroup– Already doing the work but need more clients and a better referral network? This is your chance to get in with a tight-knit freelancer community and be a part of the behind-the-scenes conversations, encouragement, and troubleshooting that we all need when we’re working solo. We also have advanced trainings, networking opportunities, and job leads. Doors open in June! Apply here for my Digital Marketer’s Workgroup