How Marci Sanders quit her corporate job and went all in as a freelance digital marketing specialist
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Libsyn | Listen Notes | iHeartRadio
Ready to quit your day job and start working from home? Listen to one unicorn’s advice on how to set yourself up for success.
Marci Sanders is a member of my Digital Marketing Workgroup who also recently graduated from the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School. She’s got a corporate background, loves to travel, and wanted a way to work remotely on her terms.
Instead of transforming her corporate skills (she wrote SOPs) into freelance work, Marci decided at age 48 to embark on a new path to achieve her goal of traveling full-time. That’s when she told herself: ” it’s time to quit your job and work from home.” After she realized she needed a flexible schedule, she started offering email marketing services as a side hustle to her full-time corporate job.
In this episode, Marci talks about her freelancer/business owner journey, how she got started, and how she markets herself to find more clients.
She shares why even with her email marketing experience she knew she needed extra help if she wanted to go full-time remotely. That’s when she realized she needed a mentor who could help her get to that level.
Listen closely to Marci’s advice on:
- Finding the right mentor for you – why she picked UDMA School
- Advice on setting your quitting day deadline – and making it stick
- What she’d do differently if doing it again – learn from her mistakes
- Why the Digital Marketing Workgroup continues to support her success
This is perfect for experienced and new DMAs who want to add to their current skillset, market to the right audience, and fast track their path.
If you think it’s time to quit your job and work from home. Listen to this episode and let me know what you think.
Join me Live: How to Become a Virtual Assistant Infosession & Online Job Fair on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 12pm est
- Online virtual roles and job titles
- Services to offer
- What you need to start a business
- How to get started with zero experience
Connect with Marci
- Instagram: @marci.r.sanders
- Facebook: @marcisanders
- Website: marcisanders.com
- How to Raise Your Rates as a Virtual Assistant #112
- How to Become a Social Media Virtual Assistant #115
- Save your Seat for the How to Become a VA Infosession – Live & Free – Thursday, Sept. 29 at 12 pm EST
- Get on the Waitlist for the Pricing Workshop – Coming in October