“I needed something that didn’t center around my kids,” said Britteney Barber who is a mom of three, Space Force spouse, and former elementary school teacher. She loved volunteering with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) so much she stayed in leadership positions for a decade.
The volunteer work made her a better mom, wife, and friend. (Moms, I know you get this) It gave her a sense of purpose and kept her brain out of mom fog. She desired to keep doing the same work but wanted to get paid for it when her kids all went to school.
That’s when Britteney found me and my digital marketing course and started her new freelance business. She was looking for a part-time job that: allowed her to be a mom first, moved with her in the military lifestyle, and gave her all the flexibility.
Her business took off, she found her golden ring client, and the virtual work that met her checklist of requirements to be her dream job.
In this episode, Britteney shares her advice for getting hired, standing out in Facebook groups, working virtually, and finding those first clients… plus what’s not-so-special about her and where she credits all of her self-employed success.
Links Britteney Mentioned:
- The Podcast Episode Britteney’s mom referred to was Tammy Cannon’s Multi-Passionate Entrepreneur Podcast. (Shout-out to Tammy!)
- My Top Ten Digital Marketing Tasks that Britteney downloaded first
Connect with Emily:
- Facebook Community: Emily’s Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant Lab
- Instagram: @emilyreaganpr
- Facebook: @emilyreaganpr
3 ways we can work together:
- Get on the waitlist for the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School. My signature course on digital marketing implementation will give you the confidence and teach you HOW to do the work that’s in demand and highly marketable. This is the secret weapon to getting booked out
- Got the skills but need help getting your digital marketing services business to take off? I’ve got an advanced tight-knit referral and networking community that can help and I would love for you to apply here. You’ll get the latest updates and trainings, networking opps and job leads from online business owners who are looking to hire digital marketing implementers and assistants.
- Looking for a fast way to get your foot in the door with up-to-date skills? Take my 2-hour Quickstart to Facebook Community Management workshop and learn how to help online business owners like course creators and membership site owners manage and engage their community