Claudia Bretz is all too familiar with the problems of trying to find meaningful work as an over-qualified, over-educated Army spouse. She went to school for industrial engineering in her home country of Nicaragua before starting over in the U.S., got her MBA and was always starting at the bottom of the totem pole with work.
Two years ago, Claudia was caught in a transition between being unemployed, waiting out the kids last semester of school, retiring and moving (and living on a boat in the Florida Keys) when she decided to give the online work a go.
She signed up for the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School, formerly known as the Digital Media VA Crash Course, and was dedicated to completing every lesson and teaching herself. And she just never went back to the office. She went from a $14/hr job to $35/hr working in half the time.
Here’s her start-up story, what she’s learned as a new digital marketing assistant, and how she started doing the work and niched down. She shares advice when working with new clients, what her Pinterest and project management work really looks like, and the evolution from assistant to strategist.
I hope you walk away inspired, informed, and motivated to start your own unicorn digital marketing business.
Connect with Claudia:
Connect with Emily:
- Facebook Community: Emily’s Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant Lab
- Instagram: @emilyreaganpr
- Facebook: @emilyreaganpr
3 ways we can work together:
- Get on the waitlist for the Unicorn Digital Marketing Assistant School. My signature course on digital marketing implementation will give you the confidence and teach you HOW to do the work that’s in demand and highly marketable. This is the secret weapon to getting booked out
- Got the skills but need help getting your digital marketing services business to take off? I’ve got an advanced tight-knit referral and networking community that can help and I would love for you to apply here. You’ll get the latest updates and trainings, networking opps and job leads from online business owners who are looking to hire digital marketing implementers and assistants.
- Looking for a fast way to get your foot in the door with up-to-date skills? Take my 2-hour Quickstart to Facebook Community Management workshop and learn how to help online business owners like course creators and membership site owners manage and engage their community