I find it so inspiring to hear how other freelancers got started and found their niche. Today I’m chatting with award-winning podcaster Jen Amos about her journey in this online service world.
Jen is a military child and Gold Star daughter who never found a traditional 9-5 job attractive. She told me recently, “If it weren’t for the internet I wouldn’t have been able to work from home for the last decade.”
Thank goodness for the Internet!
Jen started running her own social media and online business consulting agency in San Diego. It’s really fun to hear how she started, what the work really looked like because so many of my unicorn students become social media managers. She gives solid insight to the client work, social media calendars, batching and how she raised her prices.
After a coast-to-coast move, Jen pivoted to hosting and producing her own podcast. We even discuss the backside of her business including how she found her VA and why she hired her. You’re going to find her so inspiring! Enjoy.
Connect with Jen:
- Facebook: @holdingdownthefortpodcast
- Instagram: @holdingdownthefortpodcast
- Podcast: Holding Down the Fort
- Twitter: @hdtfpodcast
Links Mentioned in this show:
- Canva for graphic design *my referral link
- Headliner App for audiograms
The Digital Media VA Crash Course is now accepting new students for 2021! If you’re a go-getter and you know you want to take the fast track to working as a booked out Unicorn VA enroll in the 5-week all-comprehensive course HERE.
Learn with me:
- Gif & Sticker Making Workshop – $17.99 crash course to turn your clients into a gif!
- The Quickstart to Facebook Community Management – the unicorn gateway job to digital media work in just 2 hours
- The Digital Media VA Crash Course
Connect with Me: